Monday, July 19, 2010

Next Book Club Choice- Eat Pray Love

We had a great night last Friday discussing The Awakening by Kate Chopin and I'm really excited about our next book choice Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert.

The book takes us on the author's post-divorce search for herself--gastronomic adventures in Italy, spiritual pursuit in India and newfound love in Bali. 

A friend gave me this book not long after I got divorced and I think that now I might have a different perpesctive 3 years later.  I am excited to share this book with the girls and then we're going to see the movie that's coming out soon. 

I'm wondering how different the movie will be from the book.  In my humble opinion books are generally better than the movie.  So, let's hope it's not disappointing. 
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: