Sunday, March 30, 2008

Weekend

I always enjoy my weekends... and this weekend was no exception.

You may know how much I enjoy cooking and planning parties. So, on Saturday evening I got to help set a table for a dinner party and prepare an appetizer. The appetizer ended up delicious- tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, basil, balsamic vinagar, olive oil and salt on a bagel crisp. It was so simple and really was delicious. I have to give credit to my mother for the idea for the appetizer.


The table was beautiful and I really loved the place setting. Green toile patterned dinner plate, cabbage leaf patterned salad plate and green checkered napkins. Nice and Springy.

On Sunday I made lunch and "threw" together a creamy tomato pasta sauce with chicken by adding fresh ingredients to store-bought sauce.
This is all that is left of the sauce.

I realized I was so happy while I was cooking. I haven't cooked a lot lately and I have really missed it. It is surprising how the very small things can really brighten a day...and for me cooking is one of those lovely small things. All in all, the weekend cooking and setting the dinner party table reminded me of my secret desire to be an event planner. I know it's lots of hard work and stress, but I really think that I might be good at it. Maybe when I grow up :)

On another note, even though it was rainy, I was driving and saw beautiful yellow bushes lining the road and had to take a picture.

On that rainy day I got to wear rain boots and they were so much fun!

No comments: