Saturday, April 12, 2008

My Addiction

I have an addiction...books. I never thought that I would say that I had an addiction to books, but recently I have realized that it has come to be true. I WANT books! I can spend extraordinary amounts of time in bookstores perusing the aisles and have a hard time coming away without at least one book in my bag and a long list of books that I want to buy later. It's really hard to come away without at least that one book.
I think it's funny that I now have this absolute love of books. When I was younger I despised trips to the bookstore or the library. I would pitch a fit when someone said, "Let's go to Waldenbooks." I guess I never saw the point of more books, as I grew up in a house full of books. I really mean that, "the walls are books" at my family home, as one child visitor so accurately said during one visit. However, I now love that I grew up with so many books and that I can now have so many books within my reach. Right now I have an apartment in Nashville and most of my books are still in the bookcases of the house I lived in back in Chattanooga. There are nights when I just miss having my books and want to see them and look back at what I read not long ago. I dream of putting in big bookcases in my apartment and filling them with books. You know a house really isn't a house without books :)

No comments: