Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Saturday Fun

I had the best day Saturday... the Crabtree Farms plant sale, Four Bridges Art Festival and Greenlife Grocery.

Crabtree Farms has an annual plant sale and Mom and I decided to see what we could find for our gardens. I have a green thumb, I think. Well, at least what I plant seems to stay alive thankfully. I was hoping for some tomatoes and herbs at the plant sale and I was not disappointed. I also found some lettuces that I'm excited about planting in a container on my deck.


Next, the Four Bridges Art Festival. The art was amazing, but wow it was expensive. I was kind of hoping for something in my price range that I would love. I am going to have to keep looking forward to The Clothesline Art Show, which will be May 9-11. I bought a piece from the show last year that I recently had framed and I love it. I received another piece from last year's show as a gift. The artists are amazing and the work is within a price range that I can afford. Please check out their blog to read the artists' statements, etc.


Even though I was disappointed that I couldn't get any art at the show-I did get to enjoy some yummy food. My Mom and I had lamb gyros. Oh my goodness they were delicious.
Then we were on to Greenlife Grocery- I hadn't been to the new location yet. I LOVE this store! I bought some sushi for dinner and although it was not my fav (crunchy shrimp rolls) it was still good.

No comments: