Sunday, May 4, 2008

Announcing Mrs. Davis




Saturday night my cousin E married her longtime beau P. I was honored to act as Director of the wedding; I think they tried to pick the bossiest one in the family for the job...and so I won.


E is very "granola". She and I don't have a lot in common as far as style goes, but she is a very kind and intelligent young lady. (I say young lady because I am now only about a month away from being 30 and so every one is "young" to me. :) She was not really interested in having a wedding and didn't really care much about the details. So, her mother planned the wedding, including picking out the wedding dress, which was lovely. The wedding was outside on a farm and was a great setting for the wedding of two outdoorsy people.




As for my part in the wedding, I enjoyed it immensely and would love to make a full-time gig of it if I could. So, as I'm moving back to Chattown soon maybe I'll put myself out there as a wedding planner or director. I think I would really enjoy it--you know how I love to throw a party.

No comments: