Friday, May 9, 2008

Art, Wine and Friends

What a wonderful evening...art,wine and friends. The Clothesline Art Show at the Sessions House was tonight and I left early from work just to make it in time. There were such amazing beautiful pieces and so diverse, all created by local women. I find it so hard to pick the pieces that I want when I feel drawn to so many and of course have a limited budget. The pieces ranged from prints to photographs to masks. Each artist has a collection that reflects who they are, and that is also fascinating. One artist had been exploring icons and had created pieces focusing on Mary. I have never given a great amount of thought to icons, but I can certainly appreciate the beauty that is found in them. Oh how I long to be an artist and epxlore the emotions and thoughts that I have in this form as these women have.
I was especially looking forward to local artist Linda Thomas' prints. Last year I purchased one of her pieces "Moonlit Pears". This year I picked out another piece from Linda Thomas- a print of a branch with berries. I am so tickled!

No comments: