Monday, May 12, 2008

Packing Bags

I am getting ready to leave Nashville and return to Chattanooga and so I have to begin packing up. I have A LOT of stuff, and it's not even all here. I definitely think that yard sale is in order as soon as I return home.
I have gotten used to my apartment, but have never really loved it. One of the reasons is that I really hate the kitchen. I love to cook, but I don't love the stove in this apartment--it's just like most stove apartments...not so great.

I have my living room set up as it was when I lived in a house, but it is just a white-walled box and there is no warmth there.




I have cute little knick-knacks that I will begin packing away first. One of them is a cute little monkey that I had purchased at the Galleries at the Southside that just makes me smile when I look at it.
It's so nice to have those things that make us feel at home and as I pack my bags to make my way back to Chattanooga I realize how at home I feel back there. Comfort and ease are not everything, but it is really a blessing particularly when you are back with people that love you.
I know some may say that I am giving up and taking the easy way, but I guess I look at it like this... I could stay in Nashville and I would be fine, but I choose to be back home with those that have loved me thru it all. That's just my point of view. :)

1 comment:

Joc said...

Hey- so excited to hear about your bags being packed...call me sometime!