Saturday, May 10, 2008

Do I look 30?

I had a wonderful conversation with a friend of mine today- we discussed many things. One of those things was - do we look 30? I am not quite there yet, but will be soon and she has already arrived. I think that I still look young; I offer as evidence that within the past year I have been carded. She too feel that she looks young, but is beginning to doubt.
I hypothesize that how we are perceived depends on the way that we are dressed. When I am dressed in a suit for work and totally "done" then I probably do look 30 or close to it... on days like this though when I have jeans and a t-shirt on I think I really could pass for 25. Maybe. It probably has to do with the attitude too. I feel young and act young in general, but when I need to be "older' because it will give me an advantage then I guess I will act in such a way.
When we were younger 30 seemed relatively old. I thought that someone who was 30 likely had their life together and was just really mature. Now that I am almost 30 I still feel like I could be in college, like I am still a youngling. I don't know that any college kids would think the same of me- they may think that I act and look just as old as I am. Who knows? I guess I'm glad that I feel young, I have haircolor to cover all the grays, and I have new opportunities in front of me.
Is 30 so bad really???

1 comment:

Joc said...

We SO don't look 30. :)